[asterisk-users] Setting CALLERID on a residential telco line

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:59:45 MST 2006

Redhat 9
Asterisk - 1.2.7
TDM 400 - 1 FXO, 2 FXS

I'm using a standard residential PSTN line on my ZAP channel and
curious whether I can override the caller ID my telco has for me with
one of my choosing.

I've tried this:

exten => s-ZAP,n,Set(CALLERID(all)=My Name <999-999-999>)
exten => s-ZAP,n,Dial(Zap/g2/6137451576)

but the callee still sees my telco callerid.  Have I missed something
or does the telco ultimately control CallerID on a residential line?
It stands to reason it would, but I'm hopeful I'm wrong!!

Thnaks,
Hugh