[asterisk-users] DISA + Voicemail + DTMF

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 13:56:47 MST 2006

I have two Asterisk Boxes - one for VM and the second
being used as a PSTN GW. I have users calling in on
the PSTN GW. When they call-in, I launch DISA and they
hear a dial-tone. They then dial a number (999)which
basically forwards them to the VM Server. The VM
server prompts them for mailbox# and password.

All this works except when the user is connected to
the VM Server, none of the DTMF digits enterd by the
user (mailbox# and password) reach the VM Server. This
is strange since when DISA is launched and the user
enters 999, that works.

The DTMF on VM is set to "inband" and on the PSTN GW,
it is set to "auto". I did set it to "inband" on PSTN
GW but that makes no difference.

Any pointers will be appreciated.