[asterisk-users] tellabs 2572 echo can and zaptel yellow alarm

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Aug 4 13:45:10 MST 2006

Doug Lytle wrote:

> Are you using the channel bank to bring inbound analog lines to your
> Asterisk setup, or are you using it to supply dial tone to your
> facility for things like  fax or modems?

I guess this doesn't really make any difference.

As long as one side is a T1 cross over and the other side is a regular
straight though lan cable, if the jacks are wired correctly, you should
get AIS briefly, before both lights go out.

You can take a regular straight though cable and plug it into the green
and the other end into the red.  You should get a yellow AIS light on
send-in and receive-in.  If you don't, then your jacks are probably the
issue.

Mine is:

T1 cross over from Red jack to T110P (Going by the picture on the Wiki).
Straight though from Green jack to channel bank.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: