[asterisk-users] Running AGI in background

John Williams williams at tni.com
Fri Aug 4 13:31:40 MST 2006

I recently had a similar problem.  I had a slow database lookup, and
wanted a recording (actually, a SayDigits) to be played while that was
happening.

My solution was to execute the "say digits" from within the AGI script,
and not wait for the result code.  The AGI script can then do the database
lookup while asterisk is playing the digits.  After the database lookup
returns, I check the result from "say digits" and go on normally.

~ John Williams