[asterisk-users] (OT) DS3 Barrel/T-connector/Adtran MX2800 Problems

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Aug 4 13:22:19 MST 2006

BJ Weschke wrote:
> On 8/4/06, Steve Totaro <stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
>> I am not totally up to speed on the MX2800 but I have gone to loopback
>> tests and loop T1 25-28 and selected every possible selection while
>> watching pri debug span 1 on the console, no output at all.
>>
>> Jerry Jones wrote:
>> > If you see no errors on your MX2800 for the ds3 then they are probably
>> > not the issue.
>> >
>> > What does the MX2800 show for T1 which do not work? If you loop toward
>> > * does the card see itself? Loop toward GX do they see?

> If your M13 is coming up clean, I'd double check the continuity to
> those ports from the DSX connections out to the patch panel.

That was exactly the issue.  The amphenol cable was loose on one end.
What is the best way to fasten these things?  There is only a screw on
one side.  I am duct taping these things down for now but what is the
standard way of fastening them?  The Adtran didn't come with a clip or
velcro or anything, neither did the TenorAX boxes I am using.

Thanks
Steve