[asterisk-users] (OT) DS3 Barrel/T-connector/Adtran MX2800 Problems

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Aug 4 09:15:10 MST 2006

I have a DS3/T3 that was dropped into my telco closet as two coaxial
cables.  A send and receive.  I needed to extend it so I went to Radio
Shack to buy some barrel connectors.  They did not have any but they did
have T-Connectors so I bought a couple of those.

Everything was fine up until I went to turn up the seventh set of four
T1s.  They will not come up, no Asterisk output or greenlight on a
Digium TE410.  Global Crossing says they only responsible for the DS3.
I wonder if the T-Connectors could be the problem?

I have already tried the same cables and server on known working T1s and
they come up fine.  My Adtran MX2800 shows OK for those T1s so I dont
think the problem is between the Adtran and Asterisk box (as Global
Crossing claims), I have tried changing to the second controller card in
the Adtran and also reseated the amphenol connection between the Adtran
MX2800 and the T1 breakout box.

Anyone with this kind of experience have any ideas?

I am going to find some real barrel connectors and try that next.

Thanks,
Steve