[asterisk-users] tellabs 2572 echo can and zaptel yellow alarm

Paul Zimm pbzinc at dejazzd.com
Fri Aug 4 07:54:50 MST 2006

I have a tellabs 2572 echo can wired and  setup according to the
instructions in
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Tellabs+Hardware+Echo+Cancellers
. I added the echo can between my zaptel card and my adit 600 channel
bank. I used the straight thru and crossover cables as instructed.

I get a Yellow alarm on my zaptel card (digium x100p) and on the echo
can under *Send In* the rem light is yellow and under *Rcv In* the local
light is red. Are there any changes I should be making to my adit 600
setup or my zaptel.conf?

on the echo can option 20 is 5(ESF), 60 is 1(B8ZS), and 63 is 0

my zaptel.conf
   fxsks=1-8
   fxoks=9-48
   span=1,1,7,esf,b8zs
   span=2,1,7,esf,b8zs

adit 600
SLOT A:
Settings for DS1  1:
    Circuit ID:              CAC DS1# A:1
    Up/Down:                 UP
    Framing:                 ESF
    Line Coding:             B8ZS
    Line Build Out:          DSX-1 EQUALIZATION FOR 0-133 ft. (CSU 0dB)
    Loop Code Detection:     ON
    Loopback:                OFF
    FDL Type:                None