[asterisk-users] How to connect Snom softphone from my home?

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Fri Aug 4 04:02:22 MST 2006

Open Firewallports in Office: 5060, 10000-20000

Edit sip.conf:

;nat
externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
externrefresh=10
localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 ; fit to your net
nat=no

[19]
type=friend
username=19
secret=0000
;canreinvite=no
host=dynamic
disallow=all
;allow=g723
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=20
context=your main context
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
group=2
nat=yes
callerid => "Someone" <19>

Don't know much about SNOM Softphones, I like the real ;-) but things from
sjphone should be straight equal:

Proxydomain: Extern IP from Asterisk
Userdomain: Extern IP from Asterisk
Port:5060

Initialize:
Account: 19
Passwort:0000

You need a "natted" account in sip.conf, like the above "19"

Hope it helps...

Guido