[asterisk-users] Asterisk@Home, call reporting and performance

Esteban Guana-Jarrin egua5261 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 00:19:29 MST 2006

Hi List,

I'm planning to setup and put in production a server with an asterisk at home
2.8 edition and I would appreciate if someone that has done it
shares/provides some information in regards to the following questions I
have,

1. Since one of the most attractive features of the @home edition of * for
me is the way it provides reports of Call logs, Monthly traffic and Daily
load. I want to know if the extra code and complexity to get these features
working plus all the other features this edition provides would affect the
ability of Asterisk to process the same amount of calls that a server with a
standard version of Asterisk would process?

2. Would this have some effect on the quality of the calls

3. Would it be better to allocate a server with a standard version of
asterisk to process calls and allocate another box specifically to process
the reports? Would this be possible?

My main requirement is to set up the PBX box as an IVR to process quite a
large number of calls per day and also to install an AVM Fritz ISDN2 card on
the server to be able to connect to the PSTN network via the ISDN line to
make and receive calls as an alternative route.

Cheers,

Paul