[asterisk-users] Prevent a Polycom contact list to be overwritten

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Thu Aug 3 16:18:42 MST 2006

With regard to Jim's question: the phone will upload the contacts to a
file named MACADDRESS-directory.xml when the phone boots.  Copy that
file to 000000000000-directory.xml and all the new phones booting up
will start with that config.

With regards to Stephen's question: not sure if when you switch to FTP
provisioning it will be smart enough to upload the existing contacts.
It should, but to ensure it doesn't get overwritten I'd make sure there
isn't a 000000000000-directory.xml file on the FTP boot server.  Even
then, I'd suggest trying to write down all the contacts in the phone
before moving it to the new network.  15 minutes of writing might save
you hours of headaches later if losing the numbers isn't an option.

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com