[asterisk-users] Queue bug: When 2 callers call in, only one is processed until the first is answered

Keith Herrington keith.herrington at twistpair.com
Thu Aug 3 10:49:11 MST 2006

I've enabled call waiting on all my lines. I've setup a queue, and added
agents, either as static, or dynamically using (queue#)*.
When I call the queue with 2 extensions, only one rings thru until the
other answers. In fact, if I look at the CLI, it doesn't even process
the 2nd caller until the first one is answered.

I can use 2 extensions and call a single # and see both lines show up no
problem.

If I setup a ring group with 2 extensions, and call it, this also works
fine and my Cisco 7960 displays both callers.
The only time I see 2 lines ring thru the Queue is when I answer one,
then the other appears as it should.

If this is 'how it should work' my next question is can I somehow make
ring groups members dynamically log in and log out?

My queue.conf is as followed:

[1080]
wrapuptime=0
timeout=30