Subject: [asterisk-users] Slow dialing from PBX via E1

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Thu Aug 3 02:03:44 MST 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:58:47 +0800

> Hi Gavin,
> This is the default of setting of the Asterisk. If you wish to adjust
> the timing, please edit the source file of the Asterisk name call
> chan_zap.c, And look for the " static int matchdigittimeout " line to
> change the setting. The timing is in millisecond.
> Remember, compile your Asterisk after the changes.

Ouch I was really hoping to avoid a recompile :)

I can understand why Asterisk would wait up to 3 seconds in case
more digits were received, and this makes sense when listening for
digits from an analogue handset via a channel bank, but this is one
digital PBX talking directly to another - is the 'matchdigittimeout'
still valid here?

I guess what I'm saying is, is there a non-chan_zap.c way of affirming
that extensions receieved from chan_zap are complete and non-ambiguous?
Our legacy PBX already does its own 3-second timeout to wait for extra
digits.. so 6 seconds in total is a huge wait for end users :(

Cheers,
Gavin.