[asterisk-users] Rookie question, trying to learn

Randy Paries rtparies at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 00:18:14 MST 2006

On 8/2/06, Time Bandit <timebandit001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The problem a number of people are not entering the pin fast enough
> > ,they are not given enough time to enter the PIN( I assume this is a
> > mailbox number)
> >
> > looking at all the doc is seems everything is configurable, can some
> > one point me in the right direction of where to start looking?
> check http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+DigitTimeout
>
> and http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+ResponseTimeout

Thanks
So these look like the ticket.
but when i look at my /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.
I do not see anywhere obvious to put these.

#cat /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
[leavemsg]
exten => lm,1,AGI(leavemsg.php)
exten => lm,2,DeadAGI(convert2mp3.php)
exten => lm,4,DeadAGI(setpriv.php)

exten => t,1,DeadAGI(convert2mp3.php)
exten => t,2,DeadAGI(setpriv.php)

exten => h,1,DeadAGI(convert2mp3.php)
exten => h,2,DeadAGI(setpriv.php)

[recordvoice]

;Record the welcome message "press 1 to leave msg , press 2 to check voice msg"
exten => 1,1,Record(iexodus_welcome:gsm)
exten => 1,3,Hangup

;Record input digit "please input receiver number"
exten => 2,1,Record(iexodus_input_receiver_number:gsm)
exten => 2,2,Hangup

;Record error input receiver number
exten => 3,1,Record(iexodus_input_error_receiver_number:gsm)
exten => 3,2,Hangup

;Hangup
exten => t,1,Hangup
exten => #,1,Hangup

[inbound]

exten => _.,1,Answer
exten => _.,2,Background(iexodus_welcome)       ;play back thank you
for calling to this service

exten => _.,3,Goto(leavemsg,lm,1)

exten => 9876543211,1,Goto(recordvoice,1,1)
exten => 9876543211,2,Hangup

exten => 9876543212,1,Goto(recordvoice,2,1)
exten => 9876543212,2,Hangup

exten => 9876543213,1,Goto(recordvoice,3,1)
exten => 9876543213,2,Hangup