[asterisk-users] Number of Rings Before Asterisk Takes Over

Joe Pokupec joep at ninestar.com
Wed Aug 2 23:23:31 MST 2006

Thanks Paul (& ManxPower).

Are you saying though that there is no way to re-configure Asterisk to pick
up immediately or after one ring? Is this an Asterisk shortcoming or a
reality of analog phone lines?

I'm just wondering how many users are willing to have the caller wait an
additional 2 rings (in addition to the 3 audible rings for the Asterisk
receiving phone). This seems like something that should have some sort of
workaround. No?

Thanks Again,

Joe