[asterisk-users] Call Routing based on Caller-Id

Brandon Galbraith brandon.galbraith at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 17:22:24 MST 2006

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:ggbL-X3kx_4J:www.loligo.com/asterisk/misc/Presentations/Asterisk-overview.v1.0.ppt+ex-girlfriend+ANI+asterisk&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

Redirection based on ANI

    * You can match against calling number instead of called number.
    * This is a.k.a. "The ex-girlfriend filter" by the inventor of the
routines
    * This pattern matches against called number (1410…) and also against
calling numer (301…)

The ex-girlfriend filter = filtering unwanted calls based on number, vs.
number dialed

-brandon

On 8/2/06, Leo Ann Boon <leo at datvoiz.com> wrote:

> Matthew Crocker wrote:
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> >  How can I build extensions.conf so that Asterisk routes calls based
> > on the ANI, not the number dialed.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > All calls coming down a PRI are going to the same number.  I would
> > like to route them to a new number based on the Calling-Station-Id.
> > I.E. All calls from 413-773-XXXX go to 413-773-1234
> Use the 'ex-girlfriend' option in extensions.conf. See this
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20extensions.conf
>
> BTW, does anybody know the history of why ANI-based routing is called
> 'ex-girlfriend' option? AFAIK, it has always been referenced that way,
> both in the sample extensions.conf and docs, since the pre 1.0 days (if
> my memory serves me right - as far back as 0.3).
>
> Cheers.
>
> Leo

Brandon Galbraith
Email: brandon.galbraith at gmail.com
AIM: brandong00
Voice: 630.400.6992
"A true pirate starts drinking before the sun hits the yard-arm. Yarrrr.
--thelost"