[asterisk-users] Re: DUNDi with SIP

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Aug 2 15:02:11 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 15:52 -0600, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Well yes, it looked dubious to me too, although I can't find the syntaxt documented anywhere.
> However, that's what DUNDis giving me as a path to the phone!
>
> Something is screwed with DUNDi and SIP. Has ANYONE actually implemnted it?
> I can't find it documented anywhere
>
> Doug.

DUNDi gives you only what you give it to give you.  You're the one that
needs to set the dial string correctly in DUNDi to get one back that
works.  DUNDi is only as automatic as you let it be.

This is what ours looks like.  We don't use the iax versions (mainly
cause I want a homogenous SIP system), but we have entries in sip.conf
include files for each of the servers so we just dial
${server}/${number}.  This has been working for us for about 2 months
now, pretty much flawlessly as long as the phone's registered.

e164 => dundi-extens,0,SIP,scm1/${NUMBER}
e164-iax => dundi-extens,0,IAX2,dundi:${SECRET}@scm1/${NUMBER}
internal => dundi-extens,0,SIP,scm1/${NUMBER}
internal-iax => dundi-extens,0,IAX2,dundi:${SECRET}@scm1/${NUMBER}

[scm1]
type=friend
secret=p4ssw0rd