[asterisk-users] Asterisk with VoIP phone

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 2 12:33:22 MST 2006

You need to carefully consider outside VoIP providers IMHO.  I would look
for providers who are very upfront about their network architecture and how
they connect to the PSTN (the public telephone network).  As a minimum, I
would ask for IP addresses to some of their SIP servers and check ping
times.  I would look for consistent ping times at different times of the day
with round trips below 50ms ideally but definitely no more than 100ms.  A
lot of this depends on geography.  It is also important to know how they
connect to the public phone network IMHO.   Ideally, they have direct "TDM"
connections (digital telephone connections) as opposed to IP connections to
who knows where.

There are other considerations as well but I think that is a good start
IMHO.

  _____