[asterisk-users] Limitations of IAX

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 2 10:54:03 MST 2006

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 09:42, Joshua Colp wrote:
> As previously pointed out transporting the account code may be a security
> risk as well. If you really need it why don't you encode it into the dialed
> number or something?

Because that's a completely shitty workaround for something that "may" be a
security risk.  DISA "may" be a security risk too but it's there in all its
glory; why not allow people to shoot themselves in the foot?  Why not have a
"restrictvars=yes" in iax.conf?  If I create a patch to do this against svn
trunk, would such a thing be accepted?

Mr. Garstang is very grating at times but he has brought forward a number of
shortcomings which if fixed would make the use of Asterisk far more
intuitive.  And as I am certain you have seen on this very list, some of the
workarounds people have done in order to make things work are hideous,
hideous abominations.

-A.