[asterisk-users] Strange behavior with SIP registration/connectivity

Ronald Lewis groups at ronaldlewis.com
Wed Aug 2 10:36:36 MST 2006

With Asterisk 1.2.* and TRUNK, I've noticed some odd behavior with SIP
registrations and connectivity over the past day. First, I noticed Asterisk
REFUSED to register any trunks over SIP, prompting a lot of timeout
messages. It also refused to accept registration requests from internal
phones, rendering any attempt to place a call pointless. Everything was
working flawlessly until yesterday. This morning, I narrowed down the SIP
registrations from 5 to only 1-3 active -- they all registered fine. When I
included all five, nothing registered, including internal clients.

Strange behavior -- I've never witnessed this before.