[asterisk-users] sip phone networking question [possibly OT]

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Aug 2 10:10:10 MST 2006

I have some ethernet cable splitters I'm not using any more.  They go in
  pairs, one plugs into the wall socket in the office, the other plugs
into the other end of the same cable in the server room.  each gives two
female ethernet sockets that represent two separate network cables, each
using two of the pairs.  Works great at 100Mb speeds, we needed one of
the lines to be gigabit and they weren't cutting it for that so we ran
more cables.

This might be considerably cheaper than extra switches, but your main
switch has to have enough ports to accommodate the extra stations.

Contact me off-list if you would like to purchase them.  I have 9 pairs,
which would turn 9 cables into 18.

Moj

--
Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>