[asterisk-users] asterisk optimizing

Jack Wei jack.wei at vertextelecom.com
Wed Aug 2 10:10:02 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm currently running Asterisk 1.2.10 on a dual Xeon 3.4GHz with 2GB RAM
and SATA drives, but I'm only able to achieve 120 calls with good audio
quality (using G.711u).  I'm using realtime for voicemail accounts and
ODBC for voicemail storage along with one MySQL when dialing out.  The
max calls I can achieve is 200 simultaneous but audio is really chopping
due to high jitter.  Does anyone know how to optimize Asterisk and/or
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 to increase simultaneous calls?

Thanks,

Jack