[asterisk-users] Limitations of IAX

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Aug 2 09:50:56 MST 2006

I'm about ready to give up on IAX2. It seems to have some SERIOUS limitations.

Incoming PSTN call comes into to user A on pbx1. We look for user A locally, and don't find them. We then do a DUNDi lookup, get a path, and dial user A on pbx2 with IAX2. User A picks up the call.

When IAX passes the call from pbx1 to pbx2, it does not pass some of the dial plan variables. Namely dnid, which is set to 'unknown'. Consequently (for reasons I don't yet understand) when user A on pbx2 tries to do a blind transfer, the dnid is not set, and as a result, we _must_ fail the call because we have no source number on our network.

Also, the account code is not picked up on pbx2 as well.

:(