[asterisk-users] FXO module burn out !?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 2 06:34:11 MST 2006

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 08:52, Rostislav Bagrov wrote:
> Howto be shure if one FXO module on TDM400P is not working because is burn
> out or something like physically demaged. It worked for an almost a year
> then just stopped. The next FXO module on the same card is working like
> charm.

Your message leaves as many questions as it asks.  Typically though unless
you're familiar with electronic design and troubleshooting there is little
difference between "not working due to burnout" and "not working."

These modules have a two year warranty from Digium; why not call their
technical support centre and get the module replaced?  It's very likely under
warranty and therefore the time spent trying to diagnose it is more or less a
waste; just replace it and let their warranty department handle the why.

If you feel that the module received a surge or other transient, why not
attach a surge suppressor and/or telephone line conditioning and protection
equipment to the line?  I'd recommend that for any equipment connected to
copper leaving the building.

-A.