[asterisk-users] Re: AEL2 Looping

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Tue Aug 1 19:29:21 MST 2006

Douglas--

Just to let you know--

----- Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> context new_pbx_betty_start {
>
>     _X. => {
>         for (x=0; ${x} < 3; x=${x} + 1) {
>             Verbose(x is ${x} !);
>         }
>     };
>
> }
>
> Here's the output.
>
> The var x never gets incremented! Is this a bug?
> The while loops seem to work ok.

I've created bug 7635, then created a branch, found it indeed was a problem with the spaces in the for() statement,
which is completely stupid, so I put in some code to clear out the spaces, and then tested in my dialplan.
It worked fine. So, I merged the branch back into trunk, and closed 7635.

So, try it again, after you update your trunk copy, of course, and see
if it's acting more sanely. You should be able to put tabs, spaces,
newlines, and returns in the for, with no problems.

Many thanks for testing out AEL; We are trying to make it solid, but
need help testing from the community. There's always some nits that a
single programmer just plain will not bump into without help.

Now is the time, folks! Play with AEL!!!

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer