[asterisk-users] IAX and Accountcode

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Aug 1 14:09:29 MST 2006

On 1 Aug 2006, at 21:08, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> What about this scenario?
>
> User A calls User B. User A and User B are registered on the same
> Asterisk system.
> User B does an attended transfer, and transfers the call to user C,
> who is registered on a different asterisk system.
> You set the accountcode to be user B's account code, as user B will
> be responsible and billed for this call leg.
> You then do a DUNDi lookup, and get an IAX path to user C on the
> second asterisk system.
> You dial user C. At this point, no account code was passed with IAX
> between the two Asterisk systems.
> How can user B be billed for the call???

Consider a more common case:

User A uses their local Asterisk (B) to call PSTN Number Z via a
trunk to a provider gateway
running asterisk (C).

If Account code is settable remotely, we can't trust it for billing.

User A inserts an account code into their IAX message, it travels
through both IAX connections
and messes up the billing in C ? That's why the account code isn't
passed.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com