[asterisk-users] ISDN incoming call - inband info and announcements BEFORE ANSWER

Michal Dole ž el michald at mdnet.cz
Tue Aug 1 13:13:13 MST 2006

Hi all,

Is a way to force Asterisk to send DSS1 PROGRESS message to PSTN with indicator: "Inband information now available", before call is established (even before ALERTING phase)?
I also think that this indicator can be contained in CALL PROCEEDING message.

My idea is to play not billed welcome message on Asterisk system. Just now there is incoming SETUP, Asterisk replies with CALL PROCEEDING (without indicator I presume - but I can think only from Asterisk trace, no ISDN tester available at the moment). In ideal case there should be send PROGRESS or CALL PROCEEDING message with that indicator.

How to setup this (for PRI and junghanns.net BRI)?

===
exten => 222000262,1,Playback(welcome,noanswer)
;At this moment would like to send PROGRESS with "Inband info now av."
exten => 222000262,2,Dial(....)

Used version is 1.2.4-Bristuffed at the moment.

Thank you.
Michal

P.S. I know this is supported only by some telcos, not all, but at the moment would like to cover Asterisk side of the problem.