[asterisk-users] Help debugging strange asterisk behaviour

jan.sarin at securia.se jan.sarin at securia.se
Tue Aug 1 08:11:52 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm one of those types who want to know what the heck is wrong when
something is wrong.

I just installed a new server (see config below) and it all works fine
for a few hours. But after 3-5 hours asterisk starts behaving VERY
strangely for no apparent reason...

1) MoH stops playing
2) Some calls are not hung up from Zap-side
3) Flash Operator Panel starts showing all kind of random letters.
4) Agents are unable to login/logout.

..and so on. But the strange thing is that some things seem to work
perfectly fine as usual. Inbound calls are getting playbacks() but no
MoH when sent to queue, and caller is not sent to an agent. Outgoing sip
and zap calls work fine (until all zapchans are filled because of the
above hangup problem which is NOT consistent).

I've tried to debug the asterisk log but there are NO ERRORS!

I have asterisk installed on a Dell 2850 server with dual Xeon CPU's.
I'm running CentOS 4.3 x86_64 and asterisk SVN-branch-1.2-r38611M with
freepbx-2.1.1 ontop of it all.

I would really appreciate some thoughts on this. Please ask me for
furhter info if needed since I'm no "debugger". It's a hell of a task to
reinstall the whole server so I'd like to know what went wrong this time
first.

Regards,
Jan