[asterisk-users] Permission for files generated by voicemail

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 04:40:47 MST 2006

Hi

There is a problem in Asterisk 1.2.10 (at least). Even though in
theorie the source code of app_voicemail.c can be modifier to set up
the proper permission on the directories and file created for the
voicemail, this code can not work.
It doesn't take into account that the umask needs to be set properly
for the argument given to "open" to act as intended. As a result,
changing the value of VOICEMAIL_FILE_MODE will have no effect in most
cases.

I've adapted a patch that I found earlier which also set-up the group
owner. I've only extracted setting up the permissions as that's all I
needed and starting asterisk with the right group permission does the
job just as well.

Is there a centralized way to post all those patches? I have a few
more in the pipeline ...

Thanks
JY