[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX in production?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Apr 30 19:18:02 MST 2006

Avi Miller wrote:
> Rich Adamson wrote:
>> Actually, they were installed by FreePBX and I still have the iso disk
>> to prove it
>
> The ISO is Asterisk at Home, not FreePBX. FreePBX has never shipped as an
> ISO. FreePBX is simply one of the many software applications that have
> been combined to form the Asterisk at Home distribution. :)
>
>> I've never implemented A at H, but it does appear that must have been the
>> starting point for FreePBX.
>
> Actually, the other way around: FreePBX was probably one of the starting
> points for Asterisk at Home. :)

Now its making sense... sorry for being such a newbie on this; just
haven't paid any attention to the A at H, FreePBX, etc, before this past week.

Not understanding that prior to now, I apparently did install A at H v2.8
from iso, which does display the FreePBX logo, and then overlaying part
of that by installing freepbx-2.1-beta1 yesterday. Beta1 addressed the
zap interface, but apparently undid what existed to edit conf files,
crm, etc. That made things look like a step backwards.