[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk is stripping my area code

Jim Lynch jimlynch1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 10:05:24 MST 2006

I've installed asterisk at home and gotten inbound calls going to an extension,
extension to extension calling works but I'm still missing a few pieces.
The most annoying one is that apparently asterisk is stripping the area code
from the number I'm dialing but I can't figure out how to stop it.  I have
in my outbound route under "Dialing rules":

1NXXNXXXXXX
NXXNXXXXXX

We are required to dial all 10 numbers since there are 3 area codes in
Atlanta now.

Using freePBX admin.  I think asterisk at home is version 2.7.  One less than
the most recent, in any case.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jim.