[Asterisk-Users] Legacy PBX integration

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sun Apr 30 09:22:16 MST 2006

Hi list!

I managed to come reasonably far (farther than I thought I would) but have
two problems.

I still need to pass calls to the Legacy PBX for Fax (I need it as a
channel bank).

I have calls coming in into asterisk, that works fine. Based on the DID I
can route calls to the Legacy PBX but I'm puzzled how.

I guess I need a new dial command for that? All fax calls are now coming
in a new context which I called topbx. If I issue a dial command there the
legacy PBX treats it as a local extension call and not a call from the
outside.

Which dial command do I need to use to make the old PBX believe the call
came from outside?

(All the pages I found on this subject mention something about retaining
caller ID which is nice but now I need to retain DID info on the call I
guess?)

Thanks for any help!