[Asterisk-Users] FW: NuFone Update: DIDs

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 05:10:06 MST 2006

On 4/28/06, Matt <mhoppes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well services broke.  It's down.. DIDs ring fast busy.    Does anyone
> know the details of why nufone did not have backup providers?  How can
> someone lose a contract with a CLEC like that?!  Is there more to this
> story then we know?

Ok, NOW you can yell "the sky is falling" :)

I was in contact with two people from NuFone yesterday and I don't
have the *impression* they're going belly up, but obviously I could be
wrong. I don't know why they don't have a backup.

Unlike many providers, they have definitely posted info in the public
accessible area of their web site about this issue. The latest
statement says they expect the number to come back during the week.
One of the people I "spoke" with yesterday said within a week.

I'm just relaying what I've heard and read, please don't argue
directly with me, I have no stake in this except as a customer of
Nufone (and at least 10 other providers). I myself do have backup
providers ;)