[Asterisk-Users] Re: Compare to Skype

Yaakov Menken menken at capalon.com
Sat Apr 29 21:34:14 MST 2006

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> One of my user is praising Skype!!!
>
> I cannot figure out anymore what I can improve!
>
> This users sip show peers  is jumping from 65 msec to 1800 all the time.
> Of course his voice quality is like a morse code with dashes or dots of
> connection time.

If that's what is going on (and other users don't have a problem), then
it's likely to be a connectivity issue somewhere between the user's ISP
and your own. A traceroute to his IP address may help you to identify
the issue.

> He also told me that he used another sip service before with the same
> bad result. I wonder if the Kaza boys have here something built in, ....

Perhaps the other sip service used the same ISP that you do... or his is
somewhat flaky but happens to have a good connection to Skype...

We keep our equipment in a very well-connected data center, because
problems like that will kill your service and there's not much you can
do to fix it (besides move).

Yours,

Yaakov Menken

--