[Asterisk-Users] Telephone support charging system with Asterisk?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 08:13:19 MST 2006

Hi,
I'm interested in anybody that is providing a phone support service
using an Asterisk system, with  built in charging system.

I run a PC support company and use Asterisk at the home/office. I
would like to be able to provide technical support to my customers
using asterisk. However I want to be able to charge them fairly for
this support, and with little work on my part.

My idea was for them to phone or login to a website and create a
support account. They can then top this account up with X amount of
credits, lets say 1 credit= 5 mins of support. Their account has a PIN
associated with it.

When they call to get support they have to enter there number and are
told how much credits they have remaining. They then get put through
to my office phone, if I am available and pickup, they start to get
charged for the duration of their call. If I am unavailable they go to
voicemail and dont get charged.

Does this sound like something which is possible with Asterisk?
Anybody doing something similar?

Regards

Mike