[Asterisk-Users] Dual Timing Sources

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 28 11:28:13 MST 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 14:07, Matt wrote:
> With a digium dual PRI card (dual span).   Is there any reason I can't
> have both PRIs being PRIMARY timing sources?   They are both from
> different CLECs, and as such I need them both to do their own timing.

Nope.  Digium cards do not support this configuration.

Now you may be in luck, because even from different CLECs, the clocking tree
SHOULD come back to the same clock on their ends, so just choose one as a
primary, the other as a secondary (if the primary fails) and you SHOULD be
good to go.

If they do not have the same clock source you'll end up with frame slips and
HDLC errors... in which case there isn't much you can do unless you use
either two separate TE110P cards (meaning double the interrupt rate, etc.) or
go with a Sangoma dual-span card, which does support this.

-A.