[Asterisk-Users] Official TE411P echo settings??

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Fri Apr 28 10:33:35 MST 2006

I have seen conflicting references in regards to the Digium Wildcard TE411P echo settings in zapata.conf.

Does anyone have the official word on this?
Should echo cancel be enabled in zapata.conf if the card has built in EC?
If so, should a particular EC method be compiled into the zaptel build?

My reference, which has echo:

My zaptel is 1.2.5

context=from-pstn
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
priindication = outofband
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
usecallingpres=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=800
group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
callerid=asreceived
accountcode=I
musiconhold=default
overlapdial=no
facilityenable=yes
channel => 1-23

My zconfig.h is using the default EC method.
#define ECHO_CAN_KB1

I am getting echo on both SIP and ZAP (digital PRI bridged on same card) endpoints.

Steven