[Asterisk-Users] Explain to me VoIP termination service.

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 07:31:24 MST 2006

Hi,
A TERMINATION provider will do just that.... take your calls over
VoIP, and TERMINATE them to the PSTN.

An ORIGINATOR will provide only INBOUND service to you. (ie someone
dials a number and you get the call)

TERMINATION:   YOU-->PSTN
ORIGINATION:   PSTN ->YOU

Some companies only do one.. some do both.   We do both termination
and origination, as does calleveryone.com and I think asterlink does
as well.