[Asterisk-Users] Camp on?

Nathan Alberti asterisk at iipc.com.au
Thu Apr 27 19:39:31 MST 2006

8<

> Thanks for the pointer Nathan. I slapped something together quick 'n
> dirty but this is not working. The problem is that the call file is
> only
> generated when the originating caller stays on the phone until the
> remote caller hangs up. Suggestions how to fix this much appreciated.
>

 >8

Well... I'm not too familiar with deadagi and its capabilities but it
seems to be that having a process continue to run after someone hangs
up is not one of asterisk's strengths (for this particular requirement)

So, I think it might be better with a two stage process, something
like the following;

1) Caller makes a call
2) Status is busy
3) the BUSY handler writes a value to astdb (or by some other method)
which contains the extension that was trying to call them.
4) Call is hungup as normal. (or the user is prompted if they would
like a call back)

- Callee (that was previously busy) hangs up the call

1) The 'h' extension is configured to lookup astdb for the existence
of any missed calls. I think this could also be done by allowing dial
to continue after hangup.
2) Generate a call file with the values from astdb.

Things to watch out for;
- Handle multiple values (i.e. more than one person calls them while
they are busy)
- the delay between them hanging up and the phone ringing again (find
a happy medium of not too fast, not too slow).
- This function should only be applicable to internal calls, if you
make it part of a standard extension macro you should probably allow
it to be skipped for external calls.