[Asterisk-Users] Polycom NTP issue

Chad Osmond chad.osmond at holburn.com
Thu Apr 27 13:14:15 MST 2006

Are you passing the Offset through the DHCP server as well? On a linux
DHCP server this would be:
        option time-offset              -18000; # Eastern Standard Time
        option ntp-servers              192.168.x.x

The fact that the date is wrong, but the time is correct, seems a little
strange to me. Are you sure your Windows server is set to the correct
date?

What happens if you set the time on the phone to a different time and
date, will it pull the date back of the NTP server?

Also, try and run some network sniffing tools to verify that it is
getting a valid response.

I am ready to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get the Polycoms to
read the time properly. Regardless of the server they are pointed to our
the offset, i am getting the correct time, but 24 hours ahead. So for
today it is showing Friday April 28 but with the correct time. Any
clues?