[Asterisk-Users] PrivacyManager & FastAGI: Rewrite or use?

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu Apr 27 11:50:51 MST 2006

I'm building an app that will do the following:

     1. Force the caller to record their name.
     2. Dial the party to call.
     3. Play a short menu:
         1 = Accept Call
         2 = Decline Call, go to VM if available
         3 = Accept Call forever, never ask again
         4 = Decline Call forever, block number, get rid of caller

     4. do things based on that choice.

I'm writing a FastAGI application in perl to do this.

I've read and tried the PrivacyManager option in Dial (option p and P(x))
and it is pretty nice.  I can replace the voice prompts with things I want.

However, I've realized the privacy manager is pretty limited -- it does
what it does well, but you don't have a lot of control over what else it
does.

I'm also writing this information to a mysql DB within the FastAGI
application (the accept forever and block forever lists), so the default
location PrivacyManager stores the accept/block forevermore lists doesn't
work -- the user will eventually be able to edit those forevermore block
lists via the web.

The big question is how to do this?  I'd like my whole application to be
covered by the FastAGI script, but I can't seem to find out how to build a
macro in the AGI that I can use with my Dial() function.

     1. Is M() option in Dial() the only way to execute a string of commands
        to the callee and not the caller before connecting or disconnecting
        the call?

     2. Must I put the [macro-foo] in my extensions.conf and have my FastAGI
        script call that, or is there another way to do it in an AGI?

     3. Is PrivacyManager configurable?  IE using option 'p' can it just
        return the selection made to my FastAGI script so I can take action
        in my script?  If they select 3 (accept call forever) when would I
        get that return flag?  Or where?

     4. Is there better PrivacyManager documentation somewhere?  It seems to
        be limited to the short blurb in the voip wiki under Dial and another
        under its own function, but it does something different.

Thanks!

Beckman