[Asterisk-Users] Interesting Dial-Plan Question

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 05:53:33 MST 2006

Eric,
Yes.. I am setting calleridnum to be their phone number.   And your
example is peachy... except for the fact that it assumes I want to go
out ZAP/g1!!

My problem is I have a very intricite routing plan that routes that
call out several different carriers depending on what you dialed.
(Long Distance, international, local, etc).

The way it works now is the dialplan just looks at the number you
dialed and routes based on that.   I guess what I am asking is.... in
theory I should be able to do:

Look at origination number.  Take first 3 digits and put into
variable.  So 5705551212 becomes 570 in ${AREACODE}.

Now, look at the number we dialed.  If it is (and this is where I am a
little unclear on what to do) 7 digits long then we append the
${AREACODE} variable.   Else, we send it through to the dialplan as
is.