[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hangs the whole system

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Apr 27 05:14:21 MST 2006

A.R. Nasir Qureshi wrote:

> Is it possible for asterisk to hang the whole system ??
>
> My Linux box is acting up, and I want to be sure which way to look.
> Asterisk or some hardware.

Both are possible. If you watched the cvs/svn commits over the last year
or so, several asterisk issues have been identified and corrected
relating to mem allocation, dereferencing, etc, etc.

I don't know that anyone has actually kept track of bugs vs versions to
know which versions might be suspect, but it might help if you'd include
  which distro/kernel you're running, asterisk version, types of cards
installed, etc.

You might also try running memtest just to rule out memory failures or
issues.