[Asterisk-Users] Camp on?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Apr 27 04:52:32 MST 2006

Andreas Sikkema wrote:
>> I believe what you refer to is called "Ring Back When Free"
>> at least thats how I know it in the UK.
>
> Ah yes, no I remember. We called it "Automatic Ring Back".
>
> So we had "normal ARB", or "ARB on next use".

Over the years, traditional pbx manufacturers have implemented multiple
forms of camp-on and ring-back-when-free, and their marketing people
tend to invent different terms for the same basic functionality.

Implementing either one in asterisk needs to consider other extension
config info such as whether the extension has VM or not, whether the
call came from the pstn or another local extension, etc.

Not likely either form can truly be implemented in a agi script without
significantly impacting other pbx functions.