[Asterisk-Users] Camp on?

Nathan Alberti asterisk at iipc.com.au
Thu Apr 27 03:08:18 MST 2006

On 27/04/2006, at 5:45 PM, Patrick wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 11:10 +0800, Nathan Alberti wrote:
>>
>> On 27/04/2006, at 9:15 AM, Eric ManxPower Wieling wrote:
>>
>>> Something along the lines of "show application retrydial" ?

>> Not quite retrydial, that is more like dial the person and keep
>> dialing the person until they pickup with the ability to listen to
>> MOH while you wait.
>>
>> I think what the OP is asking for is call someone, they are busy,
>> press a button to enable callback and as soon as they hang-up from a
>> call  the callers handset starts ringing to let them know the called
>> party is now free, when the caller pickups the phone they are
>> connected to the person they were trying to call.
>>
>> I'm not sure how clear my explanation is :S
>
> That explanation is fine :) And you are stressing the right point: the
> caller should be able to put down the phone after pressing "5".
> RetryDial does not seem to allow that. Perhaps it could be done in "h"
> with a DeadAGI but I have no idea how to do that. Suggestion &
> examples
> most welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

More appropriate may be a jump on BUSY, else the action may be
processed when not required i.e. after a successful call.

[macro-stdext]
exten => s,1,NoOp
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/${ARG2},20)
exten => s,n,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)

exten => s-BUSY,1,  <--- DO STUFF HERE :)
; - Playback "The person is busy, press 1 to have them call you back
when available or 2 to leave them a voicemail"
; - Add code to catch 1 or 2 as appropriate and send to voicemail or
script to check channel status and handle call back.

exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Macro(voicemail,U${ARG3})
exten => s-NOANSWER,n,Hangup

exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)