[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Voice Problems

Shyam Gopale sgopale at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:07:06 MST 2006

Hi,

I am running Asterisk 1.2.1 using Digium TDM 400P with 4FXO lines
to connect to the PSTN world. But, I constantly get clipped voice whenever
there is a call placed using Zap channels.
I have tried it all the recommended solutions
- turned off all non essential services on the machine
- ran fxotune
- Changed IRQ settings
But nothing works.
The only thing that works is reducing the rxgain to around -20. But
this leads to other issues like the hangup on the PSTN line is not detected
by Asterisk.
Anyone have a clue about how to fix the bad quality problem. Any
help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shyam