[Asterisk-Users] Extreme delay before * processes call files

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Apr 27 00:03:31 MST 2006

Hi list!

I'm using Asterisk 1.2.7.1. with FreePBX 2.0.1 on a CentOS 3.7 box.
On the * box I also have a samba share where our CRM app can dump call
files and a cron script is moving the call files every second to the
asterisk directory.

Everything goes really quickly, the call file is placed on the samba share
and very quickly moved to the asterisk dir, so far so good.

But then the call file just keeps sitting in the
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing  directory and it seems that * is doing
nothing with it?? Only after 10-30 seconds sometimes even much longer the
call file is picked up.

There is no message on the * console about a call file being present.

Does anyone have a clue why asterisk fails to pick up call files
within a reasonable amount of time? The load on the box is 0.05 at most.

Thanks!!
Remco