[Asterisk-Users] Re: Pattern matching problem

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 26 18:09:30 MST 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 20:54, kevin ling wrote:
> Same dial pattern on my extension.conf, But it's work great. The Asterisk
> only match 7 digits number. My * version is 2.1.6.

From an analogue Zap channel?  Bullshit.

Analogue channels do not present the extension "in one shot" -- they present
the digits one at a time, in sequence.  When the dialplan matches, it
matches.  Why do you think the telco needs you to enter "1" for long
distance?  And why do you think they're moving to ten-digit dialing for so
many areas?

This is very very basic, standard pattern matching.  Analogue channels are
very different from digital ones in how the desired extension or telephone
number is presented to the switch.

-A.