[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Delay

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 07:45:22 MST 2006

Hi Kevin -

> Okay, so calls going to and from office A have no problems at all.
> Office B is having a bit of a delay (about 5 seconds before the CLI
> shows the call is even started). The odd part is, it only happens when
> they are making an outbound call. Incoming calls go directly to them
> without any problems. Both offices for external calls use our PRI we
> have installed and all interal are SIP. I think also internal calls are
> having the same problem, but that I haven't had a 100% sure answer if it
> is or isn't, but I know for sure the PRI calls are.

First, let me say that my parents are Mercury wireless subscribers in
WI and they have had some latency issues with their connection.  I'm
in NY and tried to set up video conferencing with them.  We ran into
HUGE delays that made it impossible.

That being said, do you have another site (maybe your home) that can
connect to office B just for some reference testing?  Maybe you could
just use an IAX softphone.

I would venture a guess that it is the wireless connection and not the
NAT or phone that is causing the problems.

- Noah