[Asterisk-Users] MFCR2 in Brazil, someone?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Apr 26 07:09:58 MST 2006

Moises Silva wrote:

>Hi Melcon, thanks for answering. That means you have a working installation?
>
>Were using a Tormenta 4 ports card.
>
>unicall.conf is not important. Im not using asterisk to test. Im using
>"testcall", the program that comes with unicall distribution. I have
>done a couple of installations in Mexico with digiums card and sangoma
>card, but this is the first one in brazil and with tormenta card. I
>use testcall because is easier to detect problems. From logging the
>tone signaling I know the first tone is sent to the telco, but we
>never get a tone back, so the same first tone we sent keeps there
>until the 5 seconds of T1 timer expires. I have incremented the timer,
>but does the same, the tone keeps there until the timer expires.
>
>zaptel.conf is:
>
>span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
>cas=1-15:1101
>dchan=16
>cas=17-31:1101
>
>giving a cat to /proc/zaptel/1 show all the channels configured
>properly. But also shows a message like this:
>
>      BPV count: 192
>      FAS error count: 6
>
>Not sure what it means, i will start looking in google and the source code.
>
>Any help, hint, advice will be appreciated.

A number of people use my software with Tormenta 2 cards (usually the
Govarian ones), so they certainly can work.

BPV is bipolar violations. You often get some shown, because some
typically occur as the link starts up, and settles down. However, the
number should not be increasing. The FAS errors are the same. Ignore the
quantity. Just check it doesn't change.

Regards,
Steve