[Asterisk-Users] Re: billing realtime

Jon Farmer jon at bctech.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 06:32:15 MST 2006

Tony Mountifield wrote:

> The other situation to take account of is when the caller somehow adds
> to his prepaid balance while he has one or more calls in progress, in
> order to avoid being cut off during the call.

Yes, this is a issue that needs to be considered. Also each call might
be on a different cost per minute depending on the number called e.g. in
the UK geographic calls are costed lower then mobile calls.

The only solution I can think of at the moment is to write a daemon that
uses the manager interface to hold all calls in memory and manages the
current call credit available at the current time per account. If the
credit expires for that account it hangs up all channels for that
account. The only problem at the moment is I can't figure away to
dynamically play a warning to the callers.

--
Jon Farmer
Telford, Shropshire, UK